JOINERY CAB SHOP MANAGER
CAB Shop Manager. Liaise with Programming Manager, Commercial Site, Installation, Project Managers.
Linc into Detailing. Smart Sheet / Gantt. East Tamaki $105K pa neg.
To Manage all aspects of project and CAB Shop work to ensure each department, process and sales order is completed on-time in spec and on budget. This will ensure that the company covers all business performance and people development is seen as best in NZ.
The company have a Project Management team who project manager the overall project.
This CAB Shop Manager roll co-ordinates and manages the internal department CAD, Purchasing, Machining, dispatching and reporting on timelines.
Experienced bespoke cabinetmaker, understanding of drawings, assembly, work flow.
Coordinating project manager item dates, assembly lead times, using Smart Sheet / Gantt Charts, key contact between CAD, Project managers, Cab Shop, machine shop, purchasing.
- Develop and Implement project plans using Smart Sheet tracking of jobs through all departments. Communicate to all departments.
- Clarify detailing specifications with estimators, detailers, Project Managers, architect/Designers. Communicate with all departments
- Communicate with Project Managers any suggested design and possible variations to required due date
- Co-ordinate and sign off all quality/specification of all project joinery leaving the Cab Shop
- Co-ordinate and Schedule job packs, taking into account assembly lead times, labour availability. Communicate and plan working with the machine Shop Schedular
- Ensure all job packs, dispatch information is correct and communicated to all departments
- Co-ordinating and Tracking of all out work purchasing as per Smart Sheet and Project Manager briefs. With an understanding of supplier lead-times, material specifications and material lead times.
- Co-ordinate dispatching dates, tracking information with Cab Shop, Truck deliveries and onsite personnel. Confirm and communicate
- Co-ordinate and ensure all programming and machine settings are correct for jobs that are due to hit the floor
- Develop and implement weekly (or as required) project meetings. Facilitate and lead these meetings to ensure all problem solving decision making and agreed actions are clearly discussed, understood and measured/tracked
- Present at weekly Sales and Operations Planning meeting (Mondays) status of all projects and Cab shop orders, potential risks and actions to mitigate risks past, current and future jobs coming up.
- Reporting on reworks, hours Actual vs Budget, project status via smart sheet, month end WIP reporting
- Machine Shop Scheduling, support and back up to machine Shop Schedular
- Operation Team involvement in identifying potential problems, problem solving across the operations. An active engaged member who can engage with other Team Leaders to find and implement solutions not only in their department but also across all upstream and downstream departments.
Skills, Experience & Education
- Detailing, designing, variation process
- Architect drawing, Shop drawing, detailing specs
- Supply chain Co-ordination, knowledge and relationship with industry supplies
- Pricing, estimating, BOM’s
- Resource utilization, hour tracking
- Project Management
- Project management software use
- PSDM process – Problem solving and decision-making techniques
- Optimizing, purchasing, scheduling
- Joinery materials and product knowledge
- Joinery detailing
- Cabinet making, installing
- CNC machines and process
- Customer services relationship management
- MRP/ERP systems knowledge
- People development and performance management
- Developing and implementing procedure across internal departments
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Analytical Thinking
- Conflict management and resolution
- Customer service
- Financial acumen
- Office computing
- People management and team leadership
- Problem Solving
- Strategic thinking
- Time Management
Type: Full time permanent position
Salary: $105k pa neg
Location: East Tamaki, Auckland, NZ
Appointments Recruitment Specialists
Mobile: 021 500 653
Office: (09) 478 9954
Free: 0800 030 125 (FREE from ALL NZ phones)
Important Additional Requirements to Note:
- Your CV must be included & detailed with your current relevant work experience to date.
- Please also note your required notice period in your current job (in your Cover Letter).
- Note your eligibility to work in NZ.
- If you have contacted Appointments Recruitment Specialists before, you are welcome to do
so once again, and we would be pleased to hear from you.