Purchasing Officer, Cabinetmaking / Joinery / Interiors / Commercial (variety) experience required. $80,000 pa neg. East Tamaki. PERM. Start ASAP.
The company are on the hunt for a Purchasing Manager to join their team, who will be responsible for buying the best quality products, at competitive prices. Overseeing the purchasing acquisition of materials needed for production, general supplies for production, manufacturing equipment, wood, timber product & other for projects and contracts.
Join a relaxed but hard-working company that pride themselves in having a great culture, as they understand the importance of a happy work life. A team player, and preferably come from a joinery or construction background.
This position would suit someone in a similar role looking to work for a well-established company with a strong reputation or someone who is a Joiner / Cabinetmaker by trade looking to take the next step in their career.
- Seeking reliable vendors to provide quality goods at reasonable prices
- Pricing, Purchasing & Negotiating prices / contracts
- Sourcing competitive quotes from suppliers
- Working closely with the management team procuring and managing contracts
- Reviewing technical specifications for product, components, equipment etc
- Determining quantity and timing of deliveries
- Forecasting upcoming demand
- Establishing contact with existing / new customers / contractors
- Working alongside staff and customers to achieve required results
- Day to day joinery enquiries and quotations
The following attributes are required:
- Background in the joinery and cabinetmaking is essential
- A good communicator, both written and oral would be necessary
- Methodical and accurate
- Proven computer skills
- Good time management
- Ability to read plans
Type: Full time permanent position
Wage: $80k pa neg with skills & experience
Based: East Tamaki
Appointments Recruitment Specialists
Mobile: 021 500 653
Office: (09) 478 9954
Free: 0800 030 125 (FREE from ALL NZ phones)
Important Additional Requirements to Note:
- Your CV must be included & detailed with your current relevant work experience to date.
- Please also note your required notice period at current job, on your cover letter too.
- Note your eligibility to work in NZ, this is very important and a requirement for certain jobs.
- If you have contacted Appointments Recruitment Specialists before, you are welcome to do so once again, and we would be pleased to hear from you.