WORKSHOP SUPERVISOR SHEETMETAL
Sheetmetal Factory. Engineering. Project Eng Workshop Supervisor. Energetic. Oversee site work. MIG, TIG Welding. H&S. Onehunga.
$38 – $40/hr neg. ASAP
A newly revamped quality fast-paced Sheetmetal Engineering Production & Fabricating Workshop that specialises in manufacturing of customised Metal Cabinets, are looking for a fit, strong, energetic and experienced Engineering Workshop Supervisor, Project Managing to lead a team and ensure production deadlines are met.
The position is mostly Supervision and organising and occasionally there may be some hands on and roll up the sleeves hands on work to assist with example, assembly.
Must have some form of experience in the manufacturing industry.
A person that comes from the engineering sheetmetal trade, welding, fabrication and assembly.
PROJECT ENGINEER WORKSHOP SUPERVISOR
- Project Management – 90% of role is project management & supervision with the odd occasion to help out on the work shop floor or installation, if required.
- Mainly workshop based Supervisor and also overseeing site work installations.
- Organising the team to assemble metal locker cabinets in a production line and then arrange
to have them installed on site. Product come into the factory from another outside source and are assembled in the workshop and then installed.
- Liaising with clients and the onsite staff to make sure units are installed and placed correctly.
- Could be required to help produce prototypes from time to time.
- Oversee the daily production manufacturing. of product items together with the team.
- Scheduling daily workload for staff.
- Quality Assurance with an eye for detail on all finished goods.
- Stock Control – organising and Purchasing of components.
- Familiar with operating machinery including Press Brakes, Guillotines, Hydraulic Press, Band Saw etc. & conversant in MIG & TIG welding including Argon, Gas & Arc as the team will be operating these machines & you will need to be able to guide them as necessary.
- Mainly workshop based and also overseeing site work installations.
- Working with and fabricating light structural steel.
- Able to read and follow Fabrication / Engineering drawings, hand drawings and customer descriptions.
Key Requirements of candidate:
- Project management as a lot of the jobs are treated as projects & should be able to supervise & control from start to finish.
- Previous experience in an Engineering Production or Manufacturing environment.
- Supervisory skills and be able to work toward and deliver on deadlines.
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to multi task (able to oversee staff and job progress while at times, working on the floor).
- Highly motivated, reliable, responsible professional with a positive outlook.
- A resilient strong work ethic, who can handle pressure and work well in a team.
- Skilled candidate at Tradespersons level with hands-on experience & sound knowledge of the engineering fabrication industry, however if Trade Qualified Sheeetmetal or Welder Fabricator skilled will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of Aluminium, Stainless Steel and Mild Steel welding & fabrication.
- Familiar with the health and safety responsibilities of an employee.
- Clean & full valid Drivers licence needed.
Type: Permanent Fulltime Position 40 hours minimum
Wage: $38 – $40/hr neg with skills & experience & qualifications
Location: South Auckland
Hours: 7.30am – 4.00 pm Mon-Fri
Note Preference is given to applicants legally able to work in NZ
Your CV must REFLECT your detailed working experience covering the key points of description above, including reasons for leaving current / previous jobs
Appointments Recruitment Specialists
Free Ph 0800 030 125 (even from cell phones with no credit within NZ)
Mobile 021 888 500 or (09) 478 9954
Important Additional Requirements to Note:
- Your CV must be included & detailed with your relevant work experience to date.
- A brief Cover Letter outlining your past work experience, your current work situation and
all experience you have relating to the above Job Description is included in cover letter too.
- Please put your name and trade in the subject line of your email, as I receive many applications a day and this will help me find your application a lot easier.
- Note your eligibility to work in NZ, is very important and a requirement
- If you have contacted Appointments Recruitment Specialists before, you are welcome to do so once again and we would be pleased to hear from you.