Sheetmetal Factory. Engineering. Experienced Supervisor. Factory based. Some site work. Fit. Strong. Energetic. MIG, TIG welding. H&S Full Drivers License. Onehunga. $30 to $35/hr neg Start ASAP
WORKSHOP SUPERVISOR SHEETMETAL
A newly revamped quality fast-paced Sheetmetal Engineering Production & Fabricating Workshop who specialise in manufacturing and marketing of customised Metal Cabinets, are looking for a fit, strong, energetic and experienced Engineering Workshop Supervisor, to lead a team and ensure production deadlines are met.
If you have the experience and attributes we are looking for and would like to be part of a company that is renowned for its innovative designs, quality finishes and have won numerous awards, we would like to invite you to apply today!
Please note: This is a permanent full-time role and only candidates with a previous proven experience and either a valid NZ Work Visa, NZ Residency or Citizenship will be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but won’t be limited to:
- Stock Control – organising and purchasing of components
- Assembly and installation of metal cabinets
- Daily production manufacturing of product items together with the team
- Scheduling daily workload for staff
- Quality Assurance with an eye for detail on all finished goods
- MIG & TIG welding including Argon, Gas & Arc.
- Could be required to help produce prototypes from time to time
- Mainly workshop based, although some site work could be involved
- Working with and fabricating light structural steel, aluminium window products, aluminium balustrades, fences, gates, security grille screens, roller grilles, shutters, storage units and industrial walk ways
- Operating machinery including Press Brakes, Guillotines, Hydraulic Press, Band Saw etc.
- Working from Fabrication / Engineering drawings, hand drawings and customer descriptions
Key Requirements of candidate:
- Previous experience in an Engineering Production or Manufacturing Environment.
- For this role, you will need to have excellent time management skills and be able to work toward and deliver on deadlines.
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to multi task (able to oversee staff and job progress while working on the floor yourself)
- Highly motivated, reliable, responsible professional with a positive outlook.
- A resilient strong work ethic, who can handle pressure and work well in a team
- Highly skilled candidate with hands-on experience & sound knowledge of the engineering fabrication industry, however if Trade Qualified this will be given preference.
- Aluminium, Stainless Steel and Mild Steel welding & fabrication experience required
- You will be hands-on, hardworking, energetic and flexible and will be working with a team of diverse individuals, so you will have the ability to relate to people on all levels and from all walks of life. Be mature and respectful, yet strong and assertive.
- MIG & TIG welding experience required
- Skills for using all types of manufacturing equipment including Press Brake (60 tons), Guillotines, Hydraulic Press, Band Saw etc.
- Able to read / interpret Fabrication / Engineering drawings, hand drawings and customer descriptions imperative
- Able to work unsupervised, able to complete tasks, work with speed and accuracy
- Able to work at various heights
- Familiar with the health and safety responsibilities of an employee
- Clean & full NZ Driver’s licence needed and Fork hoist license is preferable
Type: Permanent Fulltime Position
Wage: $30-$35/hr neg skills & experience
Location: South Auckland
Hours: 7.30am – 4.00pm Mon-Fri
Appointments Recruitment Specialists
Free Ph 0800 030 125 (even from cell phones with no credit within NZ)
Mobile 021 888 500 or (09) 478 9954
Important Additional Requirements to Note:
- Your CV must be included & detailed with your relevant work experience to date.
- A brief Cover Letter outlining your past work experience, your current work situation and
all experience you have relating to the above Job Description is included in cover letter too.
- Please put your name and trade in the subject line of your email, as I receive many applications a day and this will help me find your application a lot easier.
- Note your eligibility to work in NZ, is very important and a requirement
- If you have contacted Appointments Recruitment Specialists before, you are welcome to do so once again and we would be pleased to hear from you.