TOOLMAKER / CNC OPERATOR
A South Auckland company that’s been going for over 60 years, has been a trusted name in the manufacturing of high precision tooling with a reputation for developing innovative designs and mould sets are looking for a highly experienced Toolmaker, to expand their team, supporting the production facility by ensuring production continuity by repairing tools, jigs, inserts, fixtures and other precision parts. An excellent package with flexible working hours will be offered to the right candidate.
A Toolmaker, Fitter Turner or similar may also be suitable for this role.
The company are passionate about Health & Safety and the successful candidates will demonstrate their values of Fairness, Honesty, Integrity and Respect.
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Toolmaking and hands on working in precision engineering experience
- Competent in use of CAD and CAM software, particularly Pro-E
- Previous CNC Machining experience in setting, programming and machining
- Confident in using both CNC Lathes and/or CNC Milling machines
- Knowledge of and experience with toolroom machinery and tools such as mills, lathes, surface and cylindrical grinders, EDM etc
- Skills working in production of high-quality plastic injection mould components and also in tool and mould design
- Manufacturing tools and parts for production
- Competent working from drawings to end product and liaising with toolmakers, designers and generating new drawings
- Trade Qualified or an Engineering Trade Qualification preferred
- Used to working within tight tolerances in a toolroom
- Keeping up to date with maintenance on tool making equipment
- Focussing on continuous improvement of products and work practices
- Able to produce high quality work
- Be committed to safe work practices
- Reliable with a good work ethic and positive attitude
- Punctual, well organised and willing to multi-task
- Willing to learn and develop and be work well under pressure
- Can self-manage with a good work ethic
- High level of communication skills – both written and oral
- Able to work within a team
- Work efficiently with minimal supervision to a scheduled time frame
- Type – Full time permanent position
- Wage – $25-$35/hr neg with qualifications, skills & experience
- Based – South Auckland
- Hours – 7:00am to 4:00pm (40 hours / Mon-Fri / Flexible)
- Misc – Overtime 1½
- Start – A.S.A.P.
- Job link – https://appts.co.nz/job/toolmaker-cnc-operator/
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO NOW:
If this job sounds like “the one” you’re looking for, please email your current CV with a covering letter:
Appointments Recruitment Specialists:
Email: Dennis Mawhinney firstname.lastname@example.org
Call: 021 888-500 or (09) 478-9954 or 0800-030-125 (FREE from ALL NZ phones)
Important Additional Requirements to Note:
- Your CV must be included & detailed with your relevant work experience to date.
- Please note the current notice period you may be required to give, on your cover letter too.
- Eligibility to be able to work in NZ are very important, please note this in CV.
- If you have contacted Appointments Recruitment Specialists before, you are welcome to do so once again, and we would be pleased to hear from you.