An established Engineering Jobbing Shop specialising in high quality fabricated work on the North Shore of Auckland are looking for a strong, technically skilled Sheetmetal Worker, with proven hands-on experience, where the day-to-day work is ever changing and varied.
For this role – enthusiastic, energetic, positive with a ‘can do’ attitude, and the ability to apply new learning, are most important. Ability to follow spoken and written instructions accurately, with attention to detail. Demonstrate a strong work ethic, taking pride in your work and a reputation for being self-motivated, working to a very high standard with excellent time keeping and attendance.
Competitive skills-based pay rates, overtime opportunities with good working conditions in a friendly environment.
Skill based requirements we are looking for:
- Technically Strong, highly experienced in sheetmetal fabrication
- Competent in MIG,TIG & stick Light gauge sheetmetal welding
- Welding 0.9mm – 3mm (Stainless Steel) & 1.2mm (Ali)
- Reading / working from Engineering / CAD drawings
- Knowledge of pattern development a bonus
- Competent with a variety of power tools & machinery (Press Brake, Guillotine etc.)
- Demonstrate & maintain good Health & Safety practices as a top priority
- Trade Qualified or equivalent knowledge & skills
General requirements we are looking for are:
- Prioritise to meet deadlines and problem solve
- Good Numeracy, verbal and written English skills
- Be medically and physically fit
- Full clean NZ Driver’s license
- Be currently living in and have the right to work in NZ (including NZ Work Visa)
Type Full time permanent position
Wage $35-$45/hr neg with skills & experience
Based North Shore, Auckland
Please forward an up-to-date copy of your CV & covering letter to email@example.com
If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to give me a call:
Kimi Coleman or Dennis Mawhinney – Appointments Recruitment Specialists