SHEETMETAL TRADE ASSISTANTS
A well-appointed West Auckland Sheetmetal Fabricating company specialising in Sheetmetal Engineering working with leading companies in the Manufacturing, Food, Dairy and Marine industries offering great working conditions have 2 permanent jobs, requiring TWO committed, hardworking, experienced Trade Assistants, with engineering backgrounds, to join either their Day or Night Shift teams. Day shift (7.30am-3pm M-F) or Night shift (3pm-11.30pm M-F).
This is a fantastic opportunity for those who come from an engineering, general fabrication or workshop background that enjoys working in a busy engineering company.
Typical duties will include tasks such as tapping, assembling sheetmetal, workshop duties, be familiar and confident using machinery to complete various jobs, flexible to work with changing priorities and adaptable to carry out different tasks throughout the day and be physically fit.
- Experience using workshop machinery to complete jobs
- Work alongside, assisting and learning from experienced CNC Operators (Press Brake, Laser, Punch)
- Read drawings and take measurements
- Able to follow instructions and be self-motivated
- Be prepared to do a multitude of tasks daily
- Excellent attitude with a good sense of humour, working in a team or autonomously
- Physically fit to do manual labour with Forklift experience
- Currently be living in NZ & have the right to work in NZ (including work visas)
Wage: $23 – $25/hr neg with skills, experience, qualifications
Misc: Plus Shift Allowance (for either shift)
Overtime: Overtime as available
Hours: Day shift (7.30am-3pm M-F) or Night shift (3pm-11.30pm M-F)
Type: Permanent Fulltime Positions
Location: West Auckland, NZ
Please APPLY with a current CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us:
Kimi Coleman or Dennis Mawhinney – Appointments Recruitment Specialists