SALES ENGINEER / ESTIMATOR
A West Auckland company whose factory has some of the most advanced technologies in the world, providing totally integrated fabrication and manufacturing solutions. Specialising in diverse industries
such as Food and Dairy, Marine & General Engineering – are looking for an experienced Sales Engineer / Estimator, to join their ever-expanding team.
Summary of job – Provide a primary role for Quotations / Estimations – handle customer inquiries directly, ensuring all details are accurately obtained & clearly understood to enhance customer relationships.
- Provide the first point of contact for new work pricing, by providing the primary quotation / estimation to customers.
- Able to meet with clients to discuss the scope of supply and availability of manufacture of the item(s) required, take site measurements etc.
- Ensuring high levels of customer service by handling customer enquiries directly.
- Excellent communication skills needed to make sure all relevant information requirements are obtained for a complete and accurate quote / estimate, including sufficiently detailed drawings to obtain an agreement on terms with customers.
- Accurately calculate labour estimation costs for all estimates / quotes.
- Prepare formal quotation documents with clear accurate information regarding the scope of supply.
- Follow-up submitted quotes / estimates in a timely manner.
- Prioritise workload to ensure most important jobs are undertaken with urgency and to a high standard.
- Review orders received against quotations to ensure order is correct.
- Attend weekly meetings, ensuring tasks and priorities are clear and on track.
- Proactively manage an accurate hand-over of job information to management, liaising throughout the job, making sure of a smooth production process and satisfaction of customer requirements and any variations are promptly handled.
- Review completed job cards ready for invoicing.
- Undertake purchasing when / if required.
Skills, Experience & Education
- 2D and 3D draughting experience.
- AutoCAD & SolidWorks experience essential!
- Design concepts & manufacturing drawings for clients.
- Strong planning and organisational skills.
- Practical “can-do” attitude and ability to deliver solutions.
- Be punctual and reliable.
- Support to help develop a positive workplace culture, being a good team player with a friendly aptitude.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Health and Safety at work by understanding the hazards of the workplace including ergonomics and production areas, wear appropriate personal equipment.
- Type Full time permanent position
- Salary $70k – $90k/pa neg with qualifications, skills & experience
- Based West Auckland
- Start A.S.A.P.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO NOW:
If this job sounds like “the one” you’re looking for, please email your current CV with a covering letter:
Appointments Recruitment Specialists
Contact: Dennis Mawhinney
Call: 021 888-500 OR (09) 478-9954 OR 0800-030-125 (FREE from ALL NZ phones)
Important Additional Requirements to Note:
- Your CV must be included & detailed with your relevant work experience to date.
- Please note the current notice period you may be required to give, on your cover letter too.
- Eligibility to be able to work in NZ are very important, please note this in CV.
- If you have contacted Appointments Recruitment Specialists before, you are welcome to do so once again, and we would be pleased to hear from you.