ONSITE PROJECT ENGINEER
A Machining, Fabrication and Maintenance Engineering Company in the Dunedin area, specialising in designing, manufacturing and installing industrial machinery across Australasia are looking for a OnSite Project Engineer, to join an outstanding dynamic team environment, focusing mainly on manufacturing systems, with a good variety of work.
Main objective of the job is to provide Engineering and Project Management support to the various site teams on current projects / contracts.
This is an excellent and rare opportunity to join a well-established company with a wide range of clients in the timber, food, fertiliser and mineral industries. You will be confident in taking on new challenging, remain level headed and able to easily work under pressure. Involved in various projects from large scale conveyors / materials handling systems right through to blenders, agitators and separators, including safe guarding and access / walkways.
- Site work will predominantly be required
- Proven Project Management managing site work
- Co-ordinate design work to and from site
- Manage sub-contractors and being able to utilise team members to achieve required project outcomes
- A passion for ensuring standard operating and distribution procedures are implemented and continuously improved upon
- Use engineering knowledge to diagnose problems and provide solutions
- Meet with clients, discuss requirements, negotiate and arrange relevant services
- Prepare quotes and sales proposals
- Work to a budget and ensure installation work is profitable by efficient management
- Ensure all company documentation is correctly completed on time
- Act competently at all times and seek advice when required
- Take part in annual performance reviews and training where required
- Carry out any other reasonable duties which may be requested from time to time
- Ensure any / all relevant standards and regulations are applied
- Take part in H&S meetings and contribute to a safe working environment
- Complete H&S documentation on site
- Comply with and always maintaining a strong Health and Safety focus, being actively involved in all issues, consistently championing Health, Safety and Quality Assurance procedures & implementing them in all operations.
- Competent and experienced in the use of 3D SolidWorks Software important
- Mechanical or other Engineering Qualification is required
- Experience and knowledge of relevant industries
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Added bonus if you are a current member of any relevant professional bodies (ie Engineering NZ)
- Demonstrate ethical practice, comply with NZ laws and act with honesty and integrity
- Ability to work independently, organise work and manage time effectively
- Maintain good clear communications with management, supervisors, staff & clients
- A contributing staff member of a “team work orientated business”.
- A positive, can-do attitude with a customer services focus, a good work ethic and be physically fit
- Extra effort & work on weekends will be expected at certain times in order to meet project deadlines
- Your CV must REFLECT your experience covering the key points of description above
Salary: Remuneration neg to skills, knowledge & level of experience
Job type: Full time – Permanent job.
Hours: 7.00am – 5.00pm Mon-Fri
Location: Dunedin area
Dennis Mawhinney – Appointments Recruitment Specialists
Free Ph 0800 030 125 (even from cell phones with no credit within NZ)
Mobile 021 888 500 or (09) 478 9954
Important Additional Requirements to Note:
- Your CV must be included & detailed with your relevant work experience to date.
- A brief Cover Letter outlining your past work experience, your current work situation and
all experience you have relating to the above Job Description is included in cover letter too.
- Please put your name and trade in the subject line of your email, as I receive many applications a day and this will help me find your application a lot easier.
- Note your eligibility to work in NZ, is very important and a requirement
- Must be in NZ for a Face to Face interview
- If you have contacted Appointments Recruitment Specialists before, you are welcome to do so once again and we would be pleased to hear from you.