METAL FABRICATOR / WELDER
A company based on the North Shore of Auckland who specialise in sheetmetal stainless steel fabrication in both the industrial and commercial sectors, are looking for an experienced Welder / Metal Fabricator
If this sounds like you, and you are willing to take on a challenge, have a passion for ensuring a job is done to high quality and on time, then this excellent opportunity could be for you. This position will give you a good variety of work in a great working environment. Your skills will be highly valued here.
Key skills required:
- At least 5 years’ experience in the Sheetmetal Industry
- Welding tickets an advantage
- Fully competent in all types of quality customised metal fabrication
- Excellent sheetmetal pattern making skills
- Sheetmetal, Stainless & Aluminium experience
- Proven hands on MIG and TIG welding skills are essential
- Braising / Gas Welding / Soldering skills would be advantageous
- Both Workshop and Site work
- Be able to interpret / read / understand CAD drawings, plans and customer sketches.
- Good communication skills essential, as sometimes their customers only have a vague idea of what they require
- So, you’ll need to be able to form solid, workable concept drawings from their ideas in order to for their project to be fabricate to their specifications
- Able to think outside the square with a good imagination and initiative
- Any previous Supervisor / Management experienced added bonus
- If you have a background in the marine industry, this would be very beneficial
- Some projects might require you to travel
- Strong Welding skills
- Strong eye for Quality Assurance
- Work with minimal supervision
- Fit, Strong and in good health
- A good, positive, ‘can do’ attitude.
- A full clean NZ driver’s license
- Eligible to work in NZ without any restrictions, is are a must
- Company have a zero tolerance to drugs and alcohol
Job type: Full time – Permanent jobs
Location: North Shore, Auckland
Wage: $25-$31/hr neg with qualifications, skills & experience
Start: Late Jan / Early Feb 2020
Note: Your CV must REFLECT your detailed working experience covering the key points of description above, including reasons for leaving current / previous jobs
Dennis Mawhinney – Appointments Recruitment Specialists
Free Ph 0800 030 125 (even from cell phones with no credit within NZ)
Mobile 021 888 500 or (09) 478 9954
Important Additional Requirements to Note:
- A brief Cover Letter outlining your past work experience, your current work situation and
all experience you have relating to the above Job Description is included in cover letter too.
- Your CV must be included & detailed with your relevant work experience to date.
- Please put your name and trade in the subject line of your email, as I receive many applications a day and this will help me find your application a lot easier.
- If you have contacted Appointments Recruitment Specialists before, you are welcome to do so once again, and we would be pleased to hear from you.
About Appointments Recruitment Specialists
Welder. Metal Fabricator. Sheetmetal Industry MIG TIG Welding skills. Stainless Steel Aluminium. Workshop & Onsite. Experienced. Perm Fulltime. North Shore. $25-$31/hr neg. Late Jan Early Feb Start.