Be part of an award-winning family-owned market leading ISO:18001 accredited company, with substantial resources at their disposal, specialising in Asbestos Removal. An exceptional opportunity is available for a General Manager in their Tauranga office; however, you can be based remotely anywhere in NZ too.
This position offers: A competitive salary plus an annual bonus, vehicle, phone and laptop. No two jobs are the same. Job variety every day, with a challenging yet rewarding career. If you are looking for a fun yet challenging position and the chance to be part of a growing and driven team, this is the position for you.
The main objective of the job: We are now ready for someone to come on and lead a nationwide decontamination company specialising in Asbestos Removal, through the next stage of growth, potentially adding to the services provided and build the team, after a successful 15-20% increase in sales over the past year. Reporting to the group Managing Director and CFO, this role has a lot of autonomy with support from head office through the wider group.
We are looking for a self-starter to set a clear strategy and goal for the company. To achieve this, you will lead the nationwide team with offices in Auckland and Christchurch and have demonstrable experience in the Asbestos field along with management and health and safety. As well as the drive to grow the business and the level of service we provide.
Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Manage and developing the national team
- Seek out and explore opportunities for growth
- Build client relationships & grow customer numbers and scale
- Manage the South Island team directly
- Supervise, help manage North Island team with NI manager
- Manage our Health & Safety to ensure company compliancy with H&S Officer
- Ensure the business meets all legislative and regulatory requirements
- Creating effective working relationships and enhancing culture
Ideal Skills & Experience:
- Asbestos Licensed: A&B Class Supervisor (would be ideal)
- 5 or more years working in management
- Exceptional planning and organisation skills (managing 16 team members)
- Previous experience managing and maintaining clients
- Proven Sales experience
- Able to contribute to day-to-day management / strategic direction
- High level of interpersonal client relationship building skills
- Currently be living in NZ & have the right to work in NZ (including work visas)
What are the company offering: Having been in business for 65yrs, they know how to look after their staff offering a competitive salary, annual bonus, vehicle, phone and laptop. Annual health and well-being checks and monitoring. A great Company atmosphere, monthly BBQ’s and active social club.
Type: Full Time Permanent Position
Salary: $110k neg with skills & experience
Bonus: $10k bonus
Benefits: Vehicle, phone and laptop
Based: Tauranga, BOP or remotely based
Please forward an up-to-date copy of your CV & covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to give me a call:
Patricia Mawhinney – Appointments Recruitment Specialists