ENGINEERING STORES ASSISTANT
An established international engineering manufacturing company in Albany on the North Shore, Auckland, operating from large, open, well organised premises. A full-time energetic, detailed oriented role, is available for an Entry Level Stores Person to join their production team, who manufacture a variety of precision CNC engineering machinery and multi process machines that combine machining operations like drilling and tapping with cutting operations.
This role would ideally suit someone looking for an entry level position; a varied physical role getting containers ready for exporting manufactured products. This job is not just about moving boxes around; it’s a fast-paced manufacturing production facility. Over time this role could lead to further roles within their stores team, or into their general workshop positions e.g. painting, cutting, drilling etc if this would be of interest.
Note: This is an Afternoon Shift, however, you will be required to initially train during the day shift to then progress it into the afternoon shift position (standard times 3.00pm-11:30pm). The shift could rotate around but predominantly, they are wanting someone for the afternoon shift.
Daily Duties will include:
- Loading / Unloading containers
- Stores – checking packing lists against parts
- Operating power tools, cutting timber, drilling and bolting it together
- Attention to detail & accuracy for numbers are very important
- Physically fit to be able to climb through the containers
- Organised, efficient and proactive
- Ensure that company Health & Safety procedures are followed at all times
- All training provided for the job
- Currently be living in NZ & have the right to work in NZ (including work visas)
Location: North Shore, Auckland
Wage: $22.75/hr neg on skills & experience
Hours: 3.00pm – 11:30pm
Misc: 20% shift allowance & Medical Insurance
Type: Full time permanent (initially 6 month fixed term contract)
Please APPLY with a current CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com
If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us:
Kimi Coleman or Dennis Mawhinney – Appointments Recruitment Specialists