CNC MILLING LATHE SET / OP / PROG
An international company based on the North Shore, recognised as the leader in their products worldwide, with a vast number of patented innovations which has taken all their processes to a new level of speed, accuracy & productivity; are looking for a CNC Milling Lathe Setter Operator Programmer to join their dynamic team as part of their expansion and investment in more advanced machinery.
This is an excellent and rare opportunity to join a highly regarded well-established Precision Engineering Company, who work for clients world-wide, manufacturing a variety of precision CNC engineering machinery in NZ, distributed around the globe to a wide range of clients in the Manufacturing, Engineering & Sheetmetal Industries. If you are confident to take on a new challenging job, remain level headed and able to easily work under pressure while maximising productivity, then this job could be you!
Key qualities of an ideal candidate:
- Experience running CNC Milling Machines with confidence (Trade qualified or equivalent)
- Previous hands-on working experience as a CNC Milling Machine Set /Op /Prog
- Solid machining experience using CNC Lathes / Mills with Fanuc controllers
- Experience in setting up and operation of turning centres essential.
- Main responsibility will be to Machine Large Steel Structures
- CAM Programming experience with knowledge & skills in the operation of computer systems
- EdgeCAM skills would be an advantage.
- Ability to read / change engineering plans and/or CAD drawings
- Able to work to tight tolerances, is essential.
- Knowledge of inspection instruments and how to maintain, calibrate and use correctly
- Able to work unassisted, work to deadlines and produce quality workmanship at all times
- Your CV must REFLECT your experience covering the key points of description above
- Preference given to applicants that have the right to work in NZ
You will also need to demonstrate:
- Strong problem-solving skills and be physically fit
- Ensure all work is to a high standard.
- Maintain a clean and tidy work environment
- A good attitude, a team player and not afraid of a challenge
- Accuracy & Strong Eye for Detail
- Honesty & integrity
- Always seek the best value outcome for their clients
- Prudence (good judgement, careful, practical)
- Clear fluent English must be spoken in order to follow instructions and for Health & Safety reasons
- Commitment to our company values of integrity, teamwork and excellence is essential.
- Comply with and always maintaining a strong Health and Safety focus, being actively involved in all issues, consistently championing Health, Safety and Quality Assurance procedures & implementing them in all operations.
- A history of producing quality workmanship with little to no rework
- Passion for manufacturing with an uncompromising demand for change and success.
- Have a balanced business appreciation and understand the benefits of sharing information and helping others to move the company forward.
Job type: Full time – Permanent job.
Location: North Shore area
Wage: $30-$35/hr with overtime neg qualifications, skills & experience
Dennis Mawhinney – Appointments Recruitment Specialists
Free Ph 0800 030 125 (even from cell phones with no credit within NZ)
Mobile 021 888 500 or (09) 478 9954
Important Additional Requirements to Note:
- Your CV must be included & detailed with your relevant work experience to date.
- A brief Cover Letter outlining your past work experience, your current work situation and
all experience you have relating to the above Job Description is included in cover letter too.
- Please put your name and trade in the subject line of your email, as I receive many applications a day and this will help me find your application a lot easier.
- Note your eligibility to work in NZ, is very important and a requirement
- Must be in NZ for a Face to Face interview
- If you have contacted Appointments Recruitment Specialists before, you are welcome to do so once again and we would be pleased to hear from you.