CAD DETAILER / DESIGNER
An established cabinetmaking & kitchen manufacturing company in South Auckland, with over 30 years in the market, servicing the greater Auckland area with a great reputation for quality and service. The company has a mixed portfolio of clients, catering to the full market from small apartment kitchens to large scale, high-end kitchen / scullery and “house lot” builds.
They are looking for a highly motivated and energetic CAD Detailer / Designer to join their Production team for Customer Designed Kitchens. This is a great opportunity for an experienced CAD Detailer wanting to join a great team and expand their career in the Cabinetry Manufacturing Industry.
Duties of the role:
- Your key role is to work with the designers, factory supervisor and the cabinetmakers/ joiners to deliver a quality product.
- Ideal for a self-motivated person with a background in CAD and cabinetry manufacturing.
- Effectively process high-end kitchen design orders to specification for machinery to produce custom cabinetry accurately, once the client has signed off on the design
- Oversee the maintenance of the Installers scheduling, alongside the Kitchen Designer, in relation to accepted and confirmed orders.
- Working closely with Designers and Workshop Manager to ensure technical and appliance specifications are met, giving assistance and expertise in all areas to ensure finished product quality is of a high standard.
- Detail plans to be manufacture ready finalised drawings to be sent to CNC Dept
- Ordering materials, be in control of stock management, oversee the jobs as they are produced in the factory and ensuring everything is ready for manufacture, this is where your attention to detail and quality will be important.
- If you have any previous shopfitting / pricing experience, this would be an added advantage, as this role would require it
- Able to work in a demanding fast paced environment, either within a team or as an individual
- Produce all order related hardware purchase orders according to company procedure for sign off by Branch Manager on a daily basis, ensuring such purchase orders are sent to suppliers for stock to be received in line with order schedule requirements.
- Assist Kitchen Designers with quoting and detailed cabinetry requirements of high-end kitchen orders when required.
Key skills required:
- Previous working experience with CAD detailing for CNC production
- Experience in Cabinet Vision software is a great advantage
- Have a friendly, positive, outgoing personality with great communication skills
- Both excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organisational skills being able to keep to a schedule with an eye for details
- Sound computer skills and knowledge
- Willingness to learn and be able to see the job through to completion
- Enjoy the creative process, keeping in touch with the latest industry trends
- Kitchen Designers
- Administration Staff
- Auckland Branch Manager
- Production Manager
- Production Staff
Type Full time permanent
Wage Neg based on experience & skill sets meeting above
Location South Auckland
We value your time and effort in sending us your application, please include a cover letter to ensure we get to know a little more about you, as a person!
Patricia Mawhinney – Appointments Recruitment Specialists
Free Ph 0800 030 125
Important Additional Requirements to Note:
- A brief Cover Letteroutlining your current work situation and all experience you have relating to the above position available Job Description is included in cover letter too.
- Your CVmust include detail of relevant work history.
- Please note the current notice periodyou required to give, on your cover letter too.
- If you havecontacted Appointments Recruitment Specialists before, you are welcome to do so once again, and we would be pleased to hear from you.
- Eligibility to be able to work in NZ are very important, please note this in CV.
- B. All successful applicants have to be in New Zealand for personal one on one interviews with the employer, if required.
About Appointments Recruitment Specialists
CAD DETAILER. Designer. Production. Cabinetmaking. Kitchens. Cabinet Vision. Assist Kitchen Designers. Quoting. Ordering materials. Schedule Installers. DIFOT. Purchases. South Akld.