APPRENTICE FABRICATOR FITTER
A North Shore world renown modern, fast paced a well-established international engineering manufacturing company, manufacturing a variety of precision CNC engineering machinery and multi process machines, have a full-time position available for a Apprentice Fabricator / Fitter.
Offering you competitive skills-based salary, medical scheme & overtime with good working conditions in a friendly environment.
You will be required to undertake and/or assist with a wide variety of Metal Fabrication / Fitting duties, under the guidance of their experienced team leaders, with the opportunity of working towards your Apprenticeship to become a Trade Qualified Sheetmetal Tradesperson (with a full Light Engineering qualification).
This position is a great way of getting your ‘foot in the door’ and would suit someone with a good ‘can do’ attitude, a general interest in engineering and willingness to learn new things.
If you have the following in your toolbox then we would like to hear from you:
- Passion for the Engineering Sheetmetal industry
- You’ll be working & learning from Fabricators & Fitters
- Some fabrication or fitting experience preferred
- Work well under pressure with minimum supervision
- Able to work well as a new team member
- Strong commitment & focus to completing your course work
- Positive attitude, a team player & not afraid of a challenge
- Demonstrate & maintain good Health & Safety practices as a top priority
General requirements we are looking for are:
- Hold a NCEA Level 2 or equivalent
- Strong Numeracy, verbal and written English skills
- A proven reliable work history
- High attention to detail with strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to follow spoken and written instructions accurately
- Self-managed, reliable, physically fit team member
- Positive attitude, eager to learn with a good work ethic.
- Currently be living in NZ & have the right to work in NZ (including work visas)
Salary: $20 – $24/hr neg with skills, qualifications
Type: Fulltime Permanent job
Misc Medical scheme & overtime (1½)
Shift: Day Shift
Location: North Shore Auckland
Please forward an up-to-date copy of your CV & covering letter to email@example.com
If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to give me a call:
Kimi Coleman or Dennis Mawhinney – Appointments Recruitment Specialists