HVAC Fitter – Napier, NZ
Please Note – applicants need to be in New Zealand currently and have eligibility to work in New Zealand.
The responsibility of the HVAC Fitter is to install traditional ductwork, split system and VRF air conditioning systems.
Average daily duties
Installation of commercials & Industries HVAC Refrigeration systems
Qualifications required HVAC / Refrigeration or relevant experience
Experience At least 2 years relevant experience
The HVAC Fitter will:
Maintain customer relationships through professional service delivery and installation of
- HVAC systems to specifications provided.
- Complete pipe & plant installations with excellent competence demonstrating an ability to
work independently or with a minimum of supervision.
- Assist the service team on occasion to meet planned maintenance commitments.
- Manage the condition and care of your own and company tools & vehicles.
- Provide applied training for the apprentices.
- Promote an environment where the safety and health of all staff members, contractors and
customers is paramount to our success as a business.
Staff reports As apportioned by the Contracts Supervisor
Financial & project dimensions Small and large HVAC installations
Delegations & decisions Site leadership
Challenges & problem solving Ensure the customer is satisfied with work completed
Ensure that all work is effective, to standard and operable.
Frequent People Contact Nature of contact
Customers Establishing their requirements and communication
Contracts Supervisor Delegation of job, submission of time sheets
Managing Director Administration, Customer service, Technical advice
- Qualifications required for the position
- Trade qualification in Piping/Welding or equivalent experience
- Skills, knowledge and experience
- Demonstrated experience in pipe work installation
- Demonstrated experience with ductwork installation
- Pressure testing of piping systems
- Competencies/Personal attributes
- Applied learning Adaptability
- Contributes to the team Communication
- Problem solving Time management
- Start ASAP
- $30 /hr neg with skills & experience
- Mon to Fri 8.00am – 4.30pm (40 hours – flexible)
- Overtime paid 1 ½
- Hastings, North Island, New Zealand
- Full clean current Driving License
- Basic tools required
Important Additional Requirements to Note:
- A brief Cover Letter outlining your past work experience, your current work situation and
all experience you have relating to the above Job Description is included in cover letter too.
- Your CV must be included & detailed with all your work experience to date.
- BOTH your Cover Letter & CV to please be in Word Format (preferred).
- Eligibility to be able to work in NZ are very important, please note this in CV.
Dennis Mawhinney Appointments Recruitment Specialists
Free Ph 0800 030 125 (even from cell phones with no credit) in NZ
Mobile 021 888 500 or (09) 478 9954
Website www.appts.co.nz / www.facebook.com/appointments