Pre-Hire Checker / Joinery / Maintenance for Camper Vans
This job is permanent full time, with an established, very organized Campervan hire company based in Auckland.
Tasks to performed :
– Pre hire rental vehicles
– Repair work
( 12 volt , plumbing , woodwork )
– wash vehicles
– Arrange WOF
– Slient transfers
Worker should be :
-Technical / mechanical understanding
-Able to think logical and solve problems
-Strong work ethics
Key qualities of an ideal candidate:
- You would be working within a pre-hire checking team at the depot
- This job is the pre-hire checking of the campervans only before they leave the depot
- Pre-Checking includes ensuring gas bottles filled, Fridges, Stoves, Gas Tanks, Tyres, Chargers, Battery holding charge, everything in working order, fixing cabinets / joinery when required etc.
- Possibly checking and changing tyres on a tyre machine
- Before van go out on hire all technical mechanical checks have to be completed.
- Note: A Certified Engineer will be checking vans for mechanical worthiness before going out
- On the job training will be given
- Some weekend work with week days off and working some public holidays in peak seasons.
- Must be available and flexible and fit in with the working hours
- Medical Aid Cover for all employees including covering pre-conditions – This is a real advantage.
The type of applicants who may suit this position include:
- Joinery and/or cabinetmaking experience a bonus
- Mechanically minded is a real advantage
- Previous work with Campervans / an Auto Mechanic would be beneficial
- Job would suit a person who doesn’t want to be a mechanic any longer & looking for something in similar industry, someone certified in the auto industry, but not necessarily, and who may want a change, gained auto experience via hobbies or even working at Repco type jobs
- Knowledge on plumbing, 12V & 240V electrics, LPG Gas fittings
- Type – Full time permanent position
- Wage – $20/hr neg with skills & experience
- Based – Manukau, Auckland
- Hours – 40 hours / Mon-Fri (flexible between hours 6.00 am and 10.00 pm plus overtime available)
- Note – Some weekend work with week days off and working some public holidays in peak seasons.
- Misc – Medical Aid Cover for all employees including covering pre-conditions
- Start – A.S.A.P.
- CV – ALL relevant experience pertaining to above job MUST be reflected on your CV to ensure you are shortlisted for this job.
Please note – as mentioned above, but it is important to reiterate so that it is clear – there is some week-end work and some public holidays work as this is the nature of the hire of camper vans. All within reason and can be managed and worked around to suit employees. The company recognises the value of their staff and looks after them very well, with the result that many staff members have gainfully and happily worked for this company for long periods of time.
Important Additional Requirements to Note:
- A brief Cover Letter outlining your past work experience, your current work situation and all experience you have relating to the above Job Description is included in cover letter too.
- Your CV must be included & detailed with your relevant work experience to date.
- Please note the current notice period you required to give, on your cover letter too.
- If you have contacted Appointments Recruitment Specialists before, you are welcome to do so once again, and we would be pleased to hear from you.
- Eligibility to be able to work in NZ are very important, please note this in CV.
Patricia Mawhinney Appointments Recruitment Specialists
Free Ph 0800 030 125 (from ALL phones within NZ)
Mobile 021 500 653 or (09) 478 9954
www.appts.co.nz / www.facebook.com/appointments