A full time vacancy exists for a Mechanical Fitter to join the production team for a well-established and highly regarded company around the globe, manufacturing a variety of precision CNC plasma and flame (oxyfuel) cutting machinery and multi process machines that combine machining operations like drilling and tapping with cutting operations.
Note: Before applying, please ensure you have the proper skills & experience as listed below, if not, your application will not be taken any further, thank you.
Key qualities of an ideal candidate:
- Assemble machines involving mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and gas components.
- Trade Qualified Fitter or equivalent with experience assembling and diagnosing machinery
- Ability to interpret design drawings
- Electrical aptitude working with drives and circuits is a plus
- Strong problem-solving abilities and willingness to take of challenges
- Freedom to travel nationally and internationally for machine servicing and installations
- Reading engineering drawings is very important in this role and following the procedures and working to schedules.
- Trade qualified and/or current welding tickets are desirable but not essential
- You must be able hit the ground running.
- Looking for someone versatile and can think outside the square.
- Physically fit.
- Able to work unassisted, work to deadlines and produce quality workmanship at all times.
- A good attitude, a team player and not afraid of a challenge.
- Clear fluent English must be spoken in order to follow instructions and for Health & Safety reasons
- Applicants should have the right to work in NZ and be ready to start as soon as possible
- Type: Full time permanent position
- Wage: $25 – $35/hr neg with qualifications, skills & experience plus allowances
- Overtime: Time ½ after 40 hours
- Based: North Shore, Auckland
- Hours: 6.30am to 3.00pm (Mon – Fri)
- Start: A.S.A.P.
Important Additional Requirements to Note:
- A brief Cover Letter outlining your past work experience, your current work situation and all experience you have relating to the above Job Description is included in cover letter too.
- Your CV must be included & detailed with your relevant work experience to date.
- Please note the current notice period you required to give, on your cover letter too.
- If you have contacted Appointments Recruitment Specialists before, you are welcome to do so once again, and we would be pleased to hear from you.
- Eligibility to be able to work in NZ are very important, please note this in CV.
Dennis Mawhinney Appointments Recruitment Specialists
Free Ph 0800 030 125 (from ALL phones within NZ)
Mobile 021 888 500 or (09) 478 9954
www.appts.co.nz / www.facebook.com/appointments